Request a FREE Quote
5 Reasons to Move to MiamiPosted on: Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Moving can be stressful, especially when that move is forced or unexpected. If you’re moving to Miami and you could use a little pick-me-up, or if you just want some general information about what Miami has to offer, then the local movers at Griffin Moving & Storage are here to help! We are a full-service Miami moving company dedicated to providing our customers with the best move possible—and sometimes that means giving the inside scoop on the local goings on. We are happy to serve our community, and we welcome you to join us in exploring the best of Miami!
1. Endless Entertainment
One of the best ways to settle into your new Miami home is to plan some much-needed adventure. Miami has a bounty of fun-filled attractions for people of all ages from the arts, shopping, dining, and so much more. In-fact, the hardest part about deciding what to do for fun in Miami is where to go first. We have some suggestions!
- Miami Heat: You cannot be a sports fan and not check out a live NBA game, and there is no better way to start off your Miami life than rooting for the local championship team, the Miami Heat!
- South Beach: This one is obvious, but hey—there’s a good reason! South Beach is bustling with entertainment night and day, from boutiques, amazing restaurants, art galleries, and so much more.
2. Miami Beaches
You can’t think about Miami entertainment without their beautiful beaches coming to mind, and who doesn’t love a day at the beach? As home to some of the most serene and fun-filled beaches in the country, you’re sure to find something the whole family will love. Some of our favorite spots are:
- Bal Harbour Beach: When you want to enjoy the beach but don’t want to deal with a huge crowd, then this is the perfect place to relax with your toes in the sand and the sun on your face!
- Crandon Beach: When entertainment galore is your goal, you’ll fall in love with Crandon Beach. From amusement centers, onsitegrills, cabana rental and more, there’s always something fun to get into!
3. Natural Adventure
If you’re the outdoors type, then there are some great attractions to enjoy in Miami—beautiful beaches aside! Here are some great places to get started when you want to go for a fun and educational Miami adventure:
- Everglades Safari Park: Get a first-hand look at local wildlife! This is one of the most popular adventure spots in Miami where you can take an airboat ride, trek the jungle trail, or check out the amazing crocodile exhibit.
- Miami Seaquarium: From sea lions, manatees, sea turtles and more, this park is a great place to visit and learn about sea life. Children and adults of all ages enjoy the many exhibits and hands-on activities while discovering some amazing underwater creatures!
4. Fantastic Food
If you’re a food lover (who isn’t?), then you’ll get the best of many worlds here in Miami—especially if you want the best Cuban cuisine in the county! There’s no shortage of impeccable Cuban restaurants in the area, but here are a couple that top the list.
- Larios on the Beach: When you want authenticity, this is the way to go! Larios on the Beach has one of the best reputations for top-quality Cuban specialties like tropical ceviche, chickenvaca frita, and more. Not sure if you like Cuban food, then there’s no better place to give it a try!
- Versailles: Versailles never disappoints! Since 1971 this standard-setting Cuban dining experience has attracted people from around the world. If you want the very best Cuban cuisine Miami has to offer, this is the place to go.
5. Culture-Rich Community
It won’t take long to fall for Miami, especially once you immerse yourself in the local culture and history. To get a good dose of what it’s like to enjoy the best the area has to offer, there are some places you just cannot top.
- Perez Art Museum: Founded in 1984, this museum is one of the best in the country. Exhibits include modern and contemporary art from the 20 and 21 century.
- Florida Grand Opera: If you don’t already love opera, you soon will! For 75 years, Florida Grand Opera has held a number of unforgettable performances!
There are some great things to look forward to when moving to Miami! If the stress of relocation is overshadowing your excitement, the household movers at Griffin Moving & Storage are here to help! Our Miami movers offer full-service solutions including household storage and commercial storage, for a hassle-free business or residential moves. As the leading local and long-distance movers in Miami, we are happy to answer any questions you have about our Miami storage and moving services!