Request a FREE Quote
How to Properly Pack PicturesPosted on: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022
You will find that artwork and pictures share many similarities. After all, both require more than putting it in a box and crossing your fingers. The following are things you should avoid doing:
- Avoid packing up photos to store them in non-climate-controlled storage facilities. You’ll discover that heat has the power to ruin pictures by melting them, making them adhere to the glass, and more.
- Don’t skimp on the packing paper. Use as much to aid in packing as is required.
The following are some things to remember when packing pictures:
- To add protection to the frame while moving, use masking tape to create an X on the glass.
- To add more support, cover the glass in the picture frame with a sheet of cardboard before moving.
- Cover the entire frame and image with packing paper, then fasten it.
- Do consider using specialized picture boxes that are made to further cushion the frame and picture.
What if you are packing unframed or unbound photos that you haven’t had a chance to frame? You’ll discover that during a move, loose pictures can sustain significant damage. What we would suggest doing is:
- Spend some time organizing these unorganized photos into a photo book. These books are made to preserve photos, and this will be the safest way to move them.
- Avoid putting loose pictures in Ziploc bags because they may stick together and become ruined.
- When moving loose pictures, make sure you have digital backups because accidents can happen to these delicate pieces of paper.
Make sure you have contacted Griffin Moving & Storage for all your moving needs. We have experts who can come in and pack your entire house, apartment, or condo for you before handling the labor-intensive aspects of moving. We’re a full-service moving company to make your relocation easy!